PDA

View Full Version : Very Cloudy Water after moving tiny mushroom

ReefGirlSara
12/06/2007, 12:26 PM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1265593

Above is a link to a thread I started ealier today and Captain Hyliner thought I should try posting something in this forum as well. I don't know if the clowdiness is from the very tiny mushroom, the top off water from the LFS, or some other variable.

Also, I recently added 2 TLF Phosban Reactors, one with carbon, the other with Phosar, that's the only other major difference. But that's just on the 54 gallon, and the water is cloudy in both tanks.

bertoni
12/06/2007, 06:47 PM
I would guess the problem is the topoff water. I'd run an ammonia test and watch the tank carefully for a couple of days. If any animals show signs of trouble, some water changes might be useful.

ReefGirlSara
12/06/2007, 07:03 PM
I think an ammonia test is the only one I don't have...I have an $80 phosphate test and no ammonia test...great!!

I'm not sure what to do...I'm getting my new filters tomorrow, along with a TDS meter, so I can't make any water until then. Also, am I suppose to run the water through the new filters for a while before I use them? If so, how long/how many gallons?

Everything in the tank looks ok for the most part, the GBTA looks a little funny, but nothing too unusual so far. The fish and shrimp don't act like they know the difference.

I am kinda shocked that it is still so cloudy now that I'm home from work... :(

ReefGirlSara
12/06/2007, 07:05 PM
What are the possible problems with the RO water that I got? Would it likely show up as a high TDS reading? I can't wait to test it tomorrow when the meter comes.

bertoni
12/06/2007, 07:15 PM
Well, if the RO membrane were in bad shape, the water might be as bad as tap. The water also might have gotten contaminated along the way.