PDA

View Full Version : new false percs

cazzy
12/06/2007, 11:07 PM
Alright so they've been in my tank for a few days now (3) and they're acting kind of goofy. They swam about a LITTLE but now pretty much 99% of the time they stay on the bottom front corner of the tank. Fluttering around and acting alright. Is this normal? Getting used to a new tank? They are tank bred so I didn't think that this would be typical. Any info is appreciated...

Tank is a 75g w/ 100lbs of lr... plenty of swimming and hiding places but they instead choose the bottom corner of the glass...

cazzy
12/07/2007, 11:06 PM
no one?

purza_00
12/08/2007, 09:32 AM
situation is normal. they're using the corner like they would an anemone. give them some other options to find a home and they will eventually leave the corner. once a clown finds a home they usually do not wander far from it. mine used to use the top back corner near a powerhead. now they are hosted by a frogspawn.

ssagent
12/08/2007, 12:13 PM
It's normal for a new clown

rama
12/08/2007, 01:21 PM
Is there too much flow? If its possible test it by turning off any powerheads and then see if they go to other parts of the tank. If too much flow isnt a possibility then you know where to put the frogspawn like purza_00 said, and they'll move on in.

Rewd
12/10/2007, 06:43 PM
My false percs were in a 45 gallon for about 5 months before I upgraded to a 75. Same tank size as yours and just a bit more LR (110lbs) and they did exactly the same thing. Even dug out a small hole for themselves. It's been about 8 months now and they don't do it anymore.