PDA

View Full Version : My First nano...suggestions please

ItsMee
12/07/2007, 11:56 AM
I had a 75 Gallon tank and used to frequent these discussions until i moved far enough away to where I had to sell my set up. Man do I miss having a piece of ocean. I have decided I want a nano tank. I want it to be 28 Gallons or so. I believe in skimmers. I love metal halide lighting (are they used in the nano world?). I want to keep a clam (will a derasa get too big?), cleaner shrimp, zoanthids, mushrooms, maybe a small fish or two, and any other suggested corals that will work. Also, I want the aquarium to be drilled so it can have a 10 gallon sump. I do not want to have to drill myself, are there nanos that come already drilled?

Please describe the ideal set up including EVRYTHING needed with links provided. Thanks!

gsusfreak
12/07/2007, 01:04 PM
hmmm...i dont know of any pre-drilled nanos......but whatever you can do with a larger thank, you can do with a nano..., so yes, to skimmers, halides and sumps...and with halides, you can keep just about anything

Agu
12/07/2007, 06:07 PM
A lot of people with nanos use skimmers.

There are a couple of clip on MH fixtures that are new on the market. People use them on nanos a lot.

Derasa will get too big, In addition it's a clam that lives on the substrate where the light will be less in a 29 gallon tank.

Pretty much any tank under 75 gallons doesn't come reef ready. You'll have to get it drilled or drill it yourself.

ellio
12/07/2007, 07:35 PM
If you don't mind an acrylic aquarium TRUVU aquariums have reef ready aquariums as small as 10 gallons. www.truvuaquariums.com