PDA

View Full Version : SureSUCK 1600??

barbra
12/07/2007, 06:48 PM
There isn't any forum that fits this question, so I am posting in the high-volume area :)

I have a 120g, 6' long. There are an assortment of powerheads and pumps on the system all doing their thing, but the ones that interest me are my two MaxiJet 1200's with SureFlow mods posted at either end of the tank and alternating on and off by way of a wave timer.

When I feed I add the food to the center of the tank. The food will immediately spread out and move to one side or the other depending on which MaxiJet is currently pumping. The odd thing is that it doesn't get pushed toward the powerhead that is off, it gets pulled to the one that is running. Pulled in and shot out the front.

I don't get this. It would appear that the pump is doing more sucking than pumping, but since it hasn't blown up the output has to equal the input, and common sense says that it does. Can anyone explain why it would not force the food to the opposite side of the tank?

aquaman67
12/12/2007, 04:58 PM
The powerheads are sucking and blowing at the same time. They have to suck in water to blow it out.

They are sucking water from the top and bottom and blowing it out the center.

Dump a little Kent Tech CB part B into your tank and you'll be able to see the pattern the powerhead's make.