PDA

View Full Version : My first symbiotic relationship

gumby007
12/08/2007, 02:09 PM
Back in the day, almost 2 years ago, on my first order of live rock I got a pistol shrimp as a hitchhiker. Alpheus randalli to be exact, aka Randall's Pistol Shrimp or Candy Stripe Pistol. Although I never, ever saw him, except for the 2 times I made big changes to the tank and moved substrate, I knew he was in there. A short while back I decided to get a watchman goby from my favorite LFS. It only took about 4 days and they paired up!!! WOOOHOO :D. Unfortunately I could never see them because they made their home in a far back spot in the tank behing a whole bunch of rock. But at least they found each other.

Today when taking some pics for my personal tank journal, I had my camera to my face and was clicking away. I saw Sammy (watchman goby) peeking out of some rocks above where he had established his home. I thought I would take a few pics of him. I zoomed in and got focused and took the picture. :eek1: WOW!, there he was Ruger (pistol shrimp) in all his glory hanging with his homie. I thought I would share this with you all because it is soo exciting. My first amazing symbiotic relationship in my tank. Enjoy

http://bis.midco.net/gumby007/images/pistolwatchman.jpg

Purple Penguins
12/08/2007, 05:28 PM
cool picture and congrads