PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading, want input on stocking

JStorey
12/09/2007, 11:36 AM
I am upgrading from a 135 gallon tank to a 300 gallon 10x2x2 which should be here in about a week. I am thinking about future stocking and would like some input. The tank is mostly softies and lps. My current inhabitants which will move to the new tank are:
blue spot jawfish
2- true percs
blue chromis
flame angel
foxface rabbit-5"
yellow tang-4"
hippo tang-4"
naso tang-6"
solar wrasse
McCoskers
exquisite wrasse
blue sided fairy wrasse
mystery wrasse
blue face angel-5"-doesn't bother anything
cleaner and fire shrimp
usual clean up crew(asst snails, hermits,starfish)

What I would like to add:
pair of blue jaw triggers
yasha goby with pistol shrimp
diamond goby
another tang-possibly a kole tang-opinions welcome
maybe 2-3 more wrasses-opinions on what would work?
lyretail anthias-a male and 2-3 females-any other anthia suggestions?

Could I add all of the above? Which of these would anyone recommend to stay away from and why? I would also like suggestions on what wrasses if any would mix well with this group.

Thanks for any opinions or thoughts.

JStorey
12/10/2007, 08:43 AM
bump

jnc914
12/10/2007, 09:12 AM
Technically you could add the above mentioned fish, however, that is alot of fish for a 300. You currently have 5 inhabitants that provide alot of waste to the system. You want to add another three fish that produce significant amount of waste (triggers and tang). What type of filtration are you going to run? I would stick to the smaller fish that you want to add to the system (gobies, wrasses and maybe some anthias). I have 5 tangs, 2 wrasse, an Emperor Angel, a coral beauty angel, and a false perc. in my 290, and they produce alot of waste. I run a large H&S skimmer and ozone to keep the water clean. I think you could get away with the Kole tang, they tend to stay small. Good Luck with your upgrade.