PDA

View Full Version : Visiting

mflamb
12/09/2007, 08:14 PM
My lovely bride and I will be visiting family in Aurora in February. What is the premier reef store that you would recommend to me to visit while I'm in town?
I was stationed at Lowry AFB in the late 70's. I lived in a dorm just inside the 6th street gate. Does anybody have any idea what intersection on 6th that is near now?
Mike

freddie40
12/09/2007, 08:22 PM
Check out this thread for discount and directions LFS (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1071833) .

I think that Key's Island and Premiere Reef and Fish are probably the 2 best. Also check out Neptunes. It is located at County Line Rd and University.

Dave

rmougey
12/10/2007, 08:10 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11350439#post11350439 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
I was stationed at Lowry AFB in the late 70's. I lived in a dorm just inside the 6th street gate. Does anybody have any idea what intersection on 6th that is near now?
Mike

You probably lived on the west side of the base (Denver side), I'm guessing. That would be the intersection of 6th Ave & Quebec St. If you were on the east side (Aurora side) of the base, that would be 6th Ave & Dayton St.

The main thoroughfare is Lowry Blvd, it runs from the east side at 6th & Dayton to the west side at Quebec & Lowry Blvd. Quebec St now runs through what used to be the base to Alameda Ave, with many new homes built on the old base property.

If you go to Google Maps and type in Lowry AFB, you will be able to see what's changed.

As Freddie40 said, lots of great stores available through that link. I would certainly go see Premier, Neptune's and Key's Island (Key's move should be done by the time you are here, it's just around the corner in the same parking lot).

-Rob

mflamb
12/10/2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks. I'll map those stores and see how much time I can get away with.
I lived on the Aurora side of the base. I'll check it out.

artful-dodger
12/10/2007, 11:13 AM
You won't recognize the base now...

mflamb
12/10/2007, 12:08 PM
That's what I hear. I just wanted to see what is where I lived 30 years ago.

mflamb
02/06/2008, 08:54 PM
I'll be in town on Friday. How cold will this weekend be???

freddie40
02/06/2008, 08:57 PM
High in the upper 40's.

Dave

mflamb
02/21/2008, 08:11 PM
I really enjoyed my visit to the Denver area. I'll be back in September for my son's wedding up in Evergreen. While I was in town, I made it to Great Barrier Reef. It was closest to the Raddison where I was staying. Very clean store and tanks. The owner was very plesant. He had a sweet blue carpet anemone. I'll try to check out some of the other stores when I come back.