PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock Aquascaping Techniques

chevegan
12/11/2007, 06:06 PM
I've seen it done in many different ways. Acrylic rods, plumber's foam etc. I just need to know which way is the best, easiest, safest and most secure. All info will help.

For those a bit confused I'm talking about being able to stack, arch, and do all sorts of other beautiful arrangements otherwise impossible with just the rock alone.

luke33
12/11/2007, 07:48 PM
Whats up man. IMO, they can all look very nice. I"ve never done any of them but i've heard of some horor stories of the foam coming unglued and floating and what not. I would use pvc or acrylic.

geraldwhite
12/11/2007, 08:03 PM
I have done PVC before, just go to your hardware store and find the pvc, then using the OSD find a mortor bit of the right size and length, then take your rock warp it in a wet towel and drill away... the PVC is mostly hidden and will get coraline after awhile anyway.

chevegan
12/11/2007, 08:22 PM
good thinking I'll go to home depot tomorrow. I actually have 30lbs of dried dead fiji from my old tank so drying it shouldn't be an issue lol. It'll turn live in 8 months anyway :p

geraldwhite
12/11/2007, 08:47 PM
If the rock is alreayd dead (base) you can use this method, the guy on here did a great job, and I wish i had some base rock for my 500 gal, i just bought a 1000lbs of live rock!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1188352

anyway check it out.

dachsieholic
12/11/2007, 09:08 PM
So you can't drill live rock that is cured?