PDA

View Full Version : Bta

boozerell
12/11/2007, 07:38 PM
I got a BTA on saturday and everything was going fine. Just a little while ago it started to get smaller and now has retracted back into itself. I think this may be normal, but wasn't sure. Something to worry about? Or only if it stays this way too long?

garygb
12/12/2007, 12:24 AM
It's only been a few days. It sometimes takes weeks for an anemone to acclimate completely. What are your water parameters and lighting?

NYIntensity
12/12/2007, 06:42 AM
Anemones can stay "retracted" as you say for periods of time MUCH longer than a few days (think weeks). Just make sure you're keeping water conditions perfect and you'll be fine.

boozerell
12/12/2007, 06:33 PM
Well, it opened back up this morning. Appears fine again. How often do they do this? Water parameters are all within range. I tested that right away, when it closed.

NYIntensity
12/12/2007, 07:37 PM
Mine did it daily last week, didn't do it at all the week before (that I saw), and this week it's done it twice since Sunday. Don't worry about it; it's another way they get rid of waste.

boozerell
12/13/2007, 04:10 PM
I heard that the mouth isn't suppose to be open. It's open a little, cause for concern? Also, I'm wondering if it's splitting, does anyone have pictures of this?