PDA

View Full Version : Setup of Salt mixing

Nanz
12/12/2007, 02:01 PM
I have a brute trash can I use to mix salt in and I wanted to run a piece of PVC to the bottom to connect my external pump to fill the DT with.

Anyways.. what is the best way to connect my pump to the trash can.

On the lower part of the trashcan...

1) Should I use a uniseal

or

2) bulkhead

I really dont want to ruin my brute trash can but I want to connect it to an external pump.

AlexB650
12/12/2007, 02:26 PM
well, then just use flex tubing and simply make sure you prime the pump

mg426
12/12/2007, 02:28 PM
I would just use a submersible pump, but out of the two choices I would think a bulkhead would be the way to go.

Toddrtrex
12/12/2007, 02:30 PM
You can just go over the top of the brute, might be a little extra work but it can be done. So it is an option if you don't want to cut the can.

Basically you are making an upside down U tube. At the top of it but a "T" with a screw on end cap. On the end that goes into the trash can put a ball valve. (( hook up to the pump )) close the ball valve, unscrew the cap and pour some of the water into the pipe until it is full. Screw the cap back on, turn on the pump, open the ball valve, and there you go.

The top of the upsidedown U tube would look similar to this ---
(( for my undrilled sump with an external pump ))

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/toddrtrex/Sump/P5240045.jpg

Nanz
12/12/2007, 03:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11370352#post11370352 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toddrtrex
You can just go over the top of the brute, might be a little extra work but it can be done. So it is an option if you don't want to cut the can.

Basically you are making an upside down U tube. At the top of it but a "T" with a screw on end cap. On the end that goes into the trash can put a ball valve. (( hook up to the pump )) close the ball valve, unscrew the cap and pour some of the water into the pipe until it is full. Screw the cap back on, turn on the pump, open the ball valve, and there you go.

The top of the upsidedown U tube would look similar to this ---
(( for my undrilled sump with an external pump ))

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/toddrtrex/Sump/P5240045.jpg

Thats brilliant!

Yea, I wanted a way to prime the pump but could not figure it out.

Toddrtrex
12/12/2007, 04:09 PM
You're welcome, glad I could help.