PDA

View Full Version : 10gal upgrade to 24 AP or NC?

aquamansleeps
12/12/2007, 05:37 PM
My current setup is as follows 10 gallon mixed reef, crocea clam under a 70w HQI Sunpod, Aqua C Remora nano skimmer, AC 70 refugium, fish are a couple of green chromis and a yellow clown goby various snails and crabs, I want to upgrade to a 24 gal AquaPod of Nano Cube, use my 70w Sunpod on it, either by going open top and tearing the PC lighting out of the stock hood and make a DIY hood for it, or by modifying the hood and adding the 70w metal halide to it. Also do the AC 70 powerfilter used as a refugium and a AquaC Remora skimmer fit into the back chambers of the 24g AP or NC, I know the hood would need to be modified. I know the clam wont do well under the stock PC lighting, thus the need to keep the 70w sunpod. Anyone done something like this?

everl0ng
12/12/2007, 07:05 PM
i have a NC24 that i have an aqua c remora on, and it leaves JUST enough of the SLIGHTEST room to have my AC70 fuge on it as well. if the nano skimmer is smaller then you shouldn't have a problem fitting them on the NC. i also run a 150w sunpod over it. the only problem is the heat issues/evap.