PDA

View Full Version : fish ouestions 45 gal

killa856
12/13/2007, 10:07 AM
i got a 45 gal reef with a yellow tail damsel , blood shrimp, and a eneminie crab how much more fish can i go with or what kinds.i also got about 20 lbs of LR

Bmgrocks
12/13/2007, 10:31 AM
1. you need to put in at least 10 more lbs of LR to have adequate filtration.

2. if I were you, I'd pull that damsel, its already claimed territory, and will most likely harass, and become very aggressive to new tank mates.

3. What is your Filtration, Skimmer, Sump, Fuge, ect. We need details before we can adequately help you

4. If i had a 45g reef I would stock like this
Royal Gramma
Black Ocellaris Pair
Yellow Watchman goby
Potters or Flame Angel.

Knowing this is your first reef,I would advise that you stay away from ALL the dwarf angels besides the Coral Beauty , due to inexperience, Do the proper research and adequately prepare. Don't be afraid to ask qestions and happy reefing

SPARTAN VI
12/13/2007, 10:36 AM
I agree with bmgrocks about the that yellow tail damsel. Definitely should be a fish that's added last. I had a yellow tail that claimed the entire back of my tank. He would sneak up from behind the rock then charge at my other (newer) blue damsel, my now deceased bangaii cardinal, or my red firefish. Beautiful fish, but did not like his temperment.

killa856
01/03/2008, 10:12 AM
hey man thanks for the advice because your totally right cause the damsil was the first fish i got and i just got done puting 13 lbs of LR and some water changes and the tank looks awsome with its new set up i got a remora protein skimmer with power heads and a nice goniapora jule fower coral,toad stool,zoa,star polyps,a 4 inch rock enenamy and i did have a coral beauty angle for like 4 months and he had good nutrition but passed away and some chromis that also died and now i know that it was the damsil thanks