PDA

View Full Version : short vid and question about tuxedo urchin

rhino509
12/13/2007, 02:08 PM
what are the little white balls in the center? i have ruled out fecal matter as they are somewhat symetrical,well one being on each section of it.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/rhino509/?action=view&current=MOV01814.flv

im not too worried about its health as its active and holding dubri as it always has,ive had it for 10 months now,so i consider it a success.ive just never noticed these before and i cant find a picture with these.thz for looking.

papagimp
12/13/2007, 02:12 PM
Not sure on the color of tuxedo urchin poop, my last diedema setosum (long spined black urchin) had green poop balls, very symetrical looking. And even wierder to see him actually "doing that". But honestly, those little white balls kinda look like maybe just more debris or larger grains of sand he's accumulated. not really sure on this one.

rhino509
12/13/2007, 02:16 PM
thanks for a super quick replay,ya as im looking,hes actually releiveing itself(going poop i guess) and its quite smaller than whats on him,and the fecal matter doesnt stick to him(almost looke like grape nuts grains).the white things are smooth,almost like pinheads(the ones with the almost tear dropped head on them).and whatever they are,are pretty attached,they do move,but gusts of flow have hit it and they stay attached.....hmm.

steven_dean17
12/13/2007, 02:23 PM
Could you be talking about its feet? The white tip is a sucker that keeps them attached. There will be a bunch of them if thats what your talking about.