PDA

View Full Version : 34g solana tank...please advise

jjj1100
12/14/2007, 07:13 PM
Hey guys/gals

My friend is thinking about getting one of these with the 150w MH. I was wondering what mods, if any people have done or are planning to do....also how is the temp as he won't be running a chiller.
i will have him remove the bio balls, he is going with about 35 lbs of rock and live sand. Not sure of the fish list, but it will be lightly stocked....mostly lps corals like acans and such.

I am just worried that the temp might fluctuate with that strong of a light.

any other issues, thoughts, comments, are welcome.

thanks

Devtech
12/14/2007, 07:25 PM
hey jj
well the tanks temp goes up to about 86F but thats on the hot days here in miami, but the lowest it goes down to about 78. if u buy a chiller and set it at lets say 80.. then the fluctuation is as much from 85 to 80 it stays still kinda warm and such. atleast thats the reading im doing now. but i would advise into getting a chiller if ur weather is normally hot as it is here. u can actually get the Prime Chiller 1/15hp it doesnt waste as much electricity and its very functional for this size tank.

Toygrr
12/14/2007, 07:25 PM
Well i have a 250w on my 29g and it doesnt change the temp at all, all i have is a fan inside of the fixture. not sure on mods though, can you post a link to the site?

Devtech
12/14/2007, 07:31 PM
there isnt much info on these tanks really, not many people have them since they havent been out for a long time, i say by next year we should hear some cool stuff happening to these tanks. one thing i did do was for the skimmer i bought an air valve to connect to the hose at the end to mess with the amount of air coming in which is causing a much dryer skim as supposed to its very natural wet skim it does.