PDA

View Full Version : need help with well water softener asap :(

TOURKID
12/15/2007, 09:49 AM
Ok guys, coming at you with a new question!! And I need help as soon as possible.

Anyhow, I was in the middle of a shower when the pressure went to almost nothing. I had the r/o running at the time too, so I ran over there, it was at maybe 15 psi.

I went downstairs.

The pressure gauge next to the 'well mate' tank is barely at 20.

Its not pumping up any presure at all. Im pretty sure 15 psi is what Im getting with no extra help pressure wise.

I kept forgetting to change the large house filter next to the pressure tank, so I did that.. It was black agian. (could that have broken somthing?)

I dont want to turn the two nuts under the pressure gauge anymore, I already had those turned to 60 psi. (did I break somthing?)

Please help, trying to find a plumber or somthing in the meantime. (ouch saturday and icestorms)

If you need pics, ill go to take some

edit: can someone also explain to me what an air cell is? It is replaceable whitch means it can break i suppose. heres a pdf thing

http://www.wellmate.com/pdf/Commeri...nstructions.pdf

I am ready to move Or go learn to be a handyman

2farNorth
12/15/2007, 10:03 AM
Are you sure it's a problem with the water softener, or the well pump?

TOURKID
12/15/2007, 10:09 AM
2farnorth- how would I tell the difference? usually when standing at the pressure guage next to my wellmate I hear a click, the presure gauge goes up to 70 or so and then it clicks agian. Im not getting that today.

sorry about my lame referances, but im a city girl thats renting a country house. its only been a few months :)

2farNorth
12/15/2007, 10:15 AM
The way it sounds from your last message, maybe a relay or pressure switch problem? in other words, probably need help from plumber, or something........

Otherwise, I had the main pump (pumping water from the well to the house) go out,, but in that case, I had no water at all.... but then again, that was easy to fix, my water pump is in my basement.....

TOURKID
12/15/2007, 10:16 AM
I have no idea where my water pump is. Im gonna call eco water and well mate and see if i can get ahold of anyone