PDA

View Full Version : Pan world pump issue ( after a bit pressure drops )

Versus
12/17/2007, 08:13 AM
I really need to redo my tank set up , So I am getting a new sump , and new return pump ( internal ) My current pump is a panworld 40 .

While testing to see if no light kills bubble algae I had put a couple rocks in my sump ( skimmer pump is busted so things in my tank are just getting horrid ) Well after picking a rock up after 2 weeks with no light down below I had noticed not much of a difference , While putting the rock back in I heard a short "lemon seed in the garbage disposal" sound.

Now my pump is making a higher "electric" sound ( sorry for my poor description ) , and seems to be barely working although pumps heat seem to remain the same .

My question is , I am sure something happened almost 100% with whatever was sucked up but if I turn off the pump and turn it back on its fine for about 10-15 minutes then slows down to a maxijet 600 level.

( I rushed my piping etc , no way to get the pump out to check without having to redo everything )

Versus
12/18/2007, 03:04 PM
ahhhhchoooo bump

HippieSmell
12/18/2007, 05:21 PM
Sounds like a rock is stuck in there. Take it apart and have a looksie, it's the only way you'll know.