PDA

View Full Version : want to buy vortech but have question

khoivo1
12/18/2007, 11:32 AM
hi,,first,,,how many vortech do i need for 63x30x24 tank 210g
mix reef,,,and i see that people have vortech pump rusty ,,,is this happen to every pump?? i don't like the idea replace the dish every 18month,,,or what soever,,thanks,,,

IceCap Service
12/18/2007, 01:30 PM
For that size tank you would need a minimum of 2 pumps for starters. Occasionally if there is a breakdown of wet side components, a magnet could come in contact with the frame cover and get gouged. Over time it possibly could start to rust. This is rare and definitely not the norm. It is an estimated guess the magnet and possibly a wet side component may need replacing every 15 months or so. It is a very simple do it yourself project and would only take a few minutes. I realize you may not want to replace any parts but scheduled routine maintenance on all equipment is what it takes to keep it in top shape.

khoivo1
12/18/2007, 04:21 PM
ok so two pump needed,,,should i place two pump behind the tank or one on each side?? ,,,i like if it can place in the back so no body can see a pump hanging there,,,thanks

EcoTech Marine
12/19/2007, 09:02 AM
Ideally you'd want to place one pump on each side. However, placing the pumps on the back should work great for this tank.

-Tim

khoivo1
12/19/2007, 06:08 PM
thanks,,

fuser
12/20/2007, 10:50 AM
hy i ve received today the vortech mp40w but after ONLY 2 minutes of work it stop !!Now when i turn on the controller i see blinking a led red and violet what does mean ? IS THE PUMP OR CONTROLLER BREAK? I ve see the manual and seems to stay in a sort of intra reset mode . when i press the button set for a few seconds it start blinking blue three time fasty and then restart to blink red and violet alternatively . what i must do ? im waiting for your answer Emiliano

reefsafe
12/20/2007, 11:12 AM
fuser, you should probably contact ecotechservice@gmail.com