PDA

View Full Version : Marine Environment Salt

old salty
12/18/2007, 07:18 PM
Hey folks,

Any idea on when you will be getting Marine Environment salt back into your inventory? It's almost time for a PA road trip and several of the Cincy folks are in need.

jasonfrey
12/19/2007, 06:23 PM
HI,

We are debating on what to do with Marine E. salt. It took us a little over 1 year to sell our last pallet. That's pushing it on keeping it a fresh salt, although never got hard or anything. We have to buy 350 bags on one pallet. Which is not much on other brands, but ME is more specialized brand, so not as many people using it.

You have a lot of people needing it? We could maybe do a group buy and get some preorders and then bring the pallet in.

old salty
12/19/2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Though I use quite a bit of salt during the year having a 215g tank and all, 350 bags is a lot!! I don't know that I can make even a small dent in a number that large.

As a die hard user of high end products, I can only offer you the assurance from a customer standpoint that M.E. salt does not go bad from sitting inside a warehouse; the bags they use for packaging is top notch. Heck, the stuff that I purchased from you was packaged over two years ago and is in pristine condition. I just did a water change with it last week and have a few bags of it left.

I'm not telling you how to run your business; if you choose not to carry this product, I understand completely. I just hope that you folks at P.A. will consider that you fill a small niche every single time you provide products that are not available at the LFS.

jasonfrey
12/20/2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks very much for the insight. The "quality" factor of us stocking it too long was my main concern, although we like products to move fast for profits too, that would be a secondary concern over the quality of the products we are selling.

I'll get a pallet ordered asap.

snorvich
01/03/2008, 07:16 PM
Could you tell me a bit more about this product? I tend to use high end materials for my aquaria; what is special about this? How large are the bags in terms of salt water production?

jasonfrey
01/22/2008, 02:28 PM
Hi,

We have these salt back instock.

thanks