PDA

View Full Version : advice on white spots

Salmonking
12/18/2007, 08:37 PM
There seems to be something that is going around that is quite widespread .The fish are covered in tiny white spots that almost looks like the parasite velvet.It does not come off with a freshwater bath.I am not quite sure if it could be a fungus.It comes and goes in different degrees.I have had salt fish only for 16 years but not sure of this one.The one fish I was treating out of my reef died as I was treating with copper.Any advice would help as alot of people have it and I dont have the answer.Sorry lost my camera so I cant post pics

OranguTang
12/18/2007, 08:54 PM
But it is not Ich? I would move this post over to the fish disease forum and get some better help. If it is ich, it is now in your tank and will infect all your fish (if not already). It will also disappear from the fish when the cysts drop off and reproduce and find a new host. Only way to rid the tank is hypo or leaving it fallow for 4-6 weeks.

Salmonking
12/18/2007, 09:38 PM
Does anybody know or know some one that can move this post to the disease one.Thanks

Salmonking
12/18/2007, 09:39 PM
Does anybody know or know some one that can move this post to the disease one.Thanks And this is not ich as I know for sure as I was a fish only guy for many years.This is something new to me

OranguTang
12/18/2007, 09:44 PM
I figured that much, but added it just in case! Good luck with the fish.

Salmonking
12/18/2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks for advice Jeddi reefer .I hope somebody can move this to disease otherwise I will post it there

yellowwatchmen
12/18/2007, 11:06 PM
It would help alot if you had a pic.

Salmonking
12/19/2007, 02:50 AM
I cant believe that with all the brains on reef central that nobody has run into this.Any advice that doesnt include garlic I really would appeciate as many people and me need help with this problem.Like I said it looks just like velvet to the tee.But it isnt

OranguTang
12/19/2007, 09:38 AM
Make a new post in the disease forum and you will get the help you need.