PDA

View Full Version : Aqua-Pod 12 Gallon HQI question.

madamo
12/18/2007, 09:48 PM
Just installed my Aquapod 12 gallon HQI system. I have been monitoring my temperature level with the fixture. I opened part of the top to compensate. However, I haven't noticed any temperature fluctuations with the lights on (Contradictory to what I have read). Is this unusual? Does anyone experience the same conclusion or are you using a chiller, etc?

Thanks.

Happy Holidays.

bluegrizzlies1
12/18/2007, 10:35 PM
I run mine with the glass top on with the back off where your pump and heater go.

My tank goes from 78 at night to 80 during the day right now it is constant 78 or 79.

Might depend on where you live to as hot as it gets.

madamo
12/18/2007, 10:49 PM
I do the same...top on with the back off. Thanks for the reply.

scottydo
12/19/2007, 01:09 PM
What type light does it have?

Mini Me6
12/19/2007, 07:12 PM
Scottydo: I believe it is 70w HQI as stated from the original post.

The question should be:
1) What is your lighting duration?
2) What location are in?? (canada, siberia)
3) How many pumps are you running???
4) Are you running any fans???

These are all factors that will deviate your temperature. I have an AP12 with 70w HQI. I live in the NE USA. Currently we are at an average of 30 degrees temperature. With the top off and no fans or fuge and only three nano pumps running lights at 10hrs intervals, my tank runs at 81 degrees. At nite with lights off, it runs at 78 degrees.

There are many factors not known with individual setups to conclude temp estimation.

PS: Lets not get into the water chemistry part of it; which also plays a factor.