PDA

View Full Version : Flameback Angel?

The Saltwater Kid
12/19/2007, 06:38 AM
Would one be too mean (territorial) for a BC29? It would be the last fish added and it's other three tankmates would be a False Percula Clown, Starry Blenny and a Flame Hawkfish. I have about 30lbs. of live rock with many caves etc. for the fish to explore/get away from each other.

adtravels
12/19/2007, 08:50 AM
which one?
Centropyge aurantonota or Centropyge acanthops

both nice fish and suitable given the right conditions.

hybridgenius
12/19/2007, 11:19 AM
Make sure if you plan on adding more fish that this one goes in LAST. They are very intelligent and will dominate a whole tank.

The Saltwater Kid
12/19/2007, 11:30 AM
wow, not sure which one...they both look the same and i wasn't aware that there were two of them. I'm on the east coast so I would assume that my LFS get's their fish from an east coast supplier but I'm not totally sure.

this is definitely the last fish...four decent size fish for a BC29 is enough for me.

Toddrtrex
12/19/2007, 12:33 PM
I have one in a "normal" 29 gallon tank, other tankmates include a pair of O clowns and a tailspot blenny. Once in a while the angel would bug the clowns, but nothing major, almost think he does it for fun. Granted the clowns stay in their LTA for the most part. (( recently sold the clowns, for other reasons ))

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/toddrtrex/flameback6.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/toddrtrex/flameback4.jpg

The Saltwater Kid
12/19/2007, 09:54 PM
bump

The Saltwater Kid
12/20/2007, 05:30 PM
well, the Flameback my LFS got in for me doesn't appear very bright blue...in fact he's so dark he almost looks black (except for his yellow back). Granted he had just come in and had been in the tank less then 24 hours but will he color up and become brighter blue or will he stay almost black? As he looks now I'm not sure i want him but if he would get some brighter blue coloration then I'll take him.

adtravels
12/21/2007, 05:02 AM
fish often colour up alot when settled and well fed, also lighting makes a differance.