PDA

View Full Version : 29G Aquapod stock lighting?

Boca Kris
12/19/2007, 09:09 PM
I got a buddy of mine talked into getting a nano tank, and he got a deal on a new Aquapod 29G I believe. He's had it up and running for several months now, and I wanted to get him something of color for Christmas, but I dont know his lighting situation. I was thinking maybe some mushrooms, or maybe a small ricordea, or something that he could keep with ease, and be encouraged that it did well.

Anyone have any idea what light it came with? It has a daylight and an actinic, and I think a couple moonlight LEDs built in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

Illuminati
12/19/2007, 09:36 PM
He either got the Biocube 29g or Aquapod 24g unless their is a new hybrid on the market :)

Lighting would support a nice Florida Ricordia and they are colorful.

Boca Kris
12/19/2007, 09:39 PM
Im pretty sure its an aquapod...so its probably the 24G. Thanks!

Any idea what type of lights they have?

TKByrnes
12/19/2007, 09:57 PM
2x24 watt power compacts! I believe I switched out mine with a 150 watt hqi.

Illuminati
12/19/2007, 09:58 PM
24 Gallon, 64W Compact Fluorescent System

klhscooter
12/19/2007, 10:13 PM
I've had the Aquapod 24 for almost a year now...its a great tank but needs more flow. A hydor Koralia 1 would be a great present...here is an early pic of my tankhttp://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/116058newtank.jpg

eshook
12/20/2007, 12:48 AM
I have the 24 nanocube (with stock lighting) and have had great success with fl rics, zoa's, mushrooms, a hammer, an orange monti cap, purple pocillipora. I'm jumping into LPS with an open brain and trumpet coral. I suspect they will also thrive.

I would personally recommend a ric or hammer/frogspawn. They add color and you can watch them grow.

http://ericandsara.dyndns.org/pictures/current/100_5325.JPG

Let us know what you pick!

Boca Kris
12/20/2007, 10:35 AM
Wow! Sweet pics guys!! Those look great! Im gonna go in and talk to the LFS and see what they recommend for that tank. They have a show tank in the front that is similar, but they added a MH light, and it is absolutely stunning. They do a 10% w.c. every week in it though!

I better be careful! If I talk to you guys much longer I might walk outta there with one for myself!!

Thanks for the pics! Keep em coming, along with the advice!