PDA

View Full Version : Opinions.... flame angel or bicolor??

TKByrnes
12/19/2007, 11:15 PM
I have a 24 aquapod and I love both angels but I think the flame might get too big. what do all of you think. I posted this in the nano forum but havent had any replies yet. I should add that this is a zoa tank!

littlefish72
12/20/2007, 12:24 AM
A 24 is kinda small for either of those two........but if you're going to do it anyway then pick the flame.......survival rates are much better than the bicolor

BangkokMatt
12/20/2007, 01:10 AM
+1

TKByrnes
12/20/2007, 08:59 AM
ok thank you for your help. maybe I wont get either one.

adtravels
12/20/2007, 09:30 AM
tanks too small, get some gobies or a clown

MrSpiffy
12/20/2007, 10:09 AM
I have heard that bi-color angels have poor survival rates in captivity, for some reason. They're not as bad as, say, moorish idols. But they have much worse luck than many of the other dwarf angels available. I'd pick the flame angel, if you really wanted one or the other. But again, the tank size is an issue.

Mattmcf
12/20/2007, 10:26 AM
You could put a pair of Centropyge Agri in there if you could find them. They do fine in a small tank. They are a little hard to find though. Check this thread out, the guy is breeding a trio of them in a 24 nano cube. I think they are a bit pricey though.

Centropyge agri breeding project (http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=411)

Runfrumu
12/20/2007, 10:33 AM
my buddies got a di-color and they seem to like to pick at clams, at least the one he's got anyway. MY flame and the one he has seem to be ok with corals and clams.

TKByrnes
12/20/2007, 10:48 AM
Mattmcf.....Yea I like them alot it just kinda worries me. I have a australian black clown that I want absolutely nothing to happen to!!!

TKByrnes
12/20/2007, 11:00 AM
I thought the C. Argi was expensive??? Saltwater fish dot com has them for $18.99

Im still worried about them being too agressive toward my clown.

MrSpiffy
12/20/2007, 12:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11425344#post11425344 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Runfrumu
my buddies got a di-color and they seem to like to pick at clams, at least the one he's got anyway. MY flame and the one he has seem to be ok with corals and clams.

That was another issue with bi-colors. I've read they're pretty notorious nippers.

I'm actually going to go with a Centropyge aurantonotus, which is the Brazilian Flameback angel (a.k.a. Fireball angel) in my tank. They're very similar to the Cherub angels (Centropyge argi), but possibly a bit better temperament. I don't think the C. argi are really that aggressive. But they can definitely be territorial, which is probably why people assume they're aggressive. I would think they'd do fine with your clown, considering they're being introduced last. But I could be wrong.