PDA

View Full Version : RSM HQI upgrade

cbrguy
12/20/2007, 09:47 AM
I just bought an RSM and I am thinking about getting the Nano Customs 150 HQI. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this setup and if it was difficult to install. Also, does the setup seem safe to you?

Thanks….

lpsluver
12/20/2007, 12:55 PM
I did it. It wasn't technically difficult but was a little time consuming to do. About 90 minutes if I recall correctly. I was one of the first and did it based on the original instructions. I offered feedback on the instructions and they were appreciative of the feedback. It seems pretty safe. Leave the splash guard in place to protect the electronics from the condensation that occurs while the lights are off. I wish the ventilation was better because it is pretty hot in that hood. I would leave the stock fans in place in addition to the fans that they provide.

Zatko
01/25/2008, 10:16 PM
lpsluver - Overall, how happy are you with the HQI compared to the PC's? What is the temp. fluctuation? If I remember correctly, you had a chiller. 1/15 or 1/10 hp? I can't recall.

Also, with the installation, it seems a like a relatively easy DIY. They mentioned some soldering is required, but it isn't terribly difficult, is it? I have an electrician friend of mine willing to hold my hand through this, just in case.

I just need to make the decision soon, as I am getting a new RSM due to leaking issues. So the time to do this would be very soon.

Also, did you happen to find a way to salvage the built-in timer? I noticed they said it won't work after their installation. Maybe you had better luck?

Brent F
01/25/2008, 11:29 PM
They have a promo on right now where you can send them your hood and they will do a free install