PDA

View Full Version : Profilux II Problem

Tom_R
12/22/2007, 12:11 AM
Hi Micheal

I just received my Profilux Plus II and have a question.

I am have a small problem with the main Profilux Plus II module. The main screen does not light up. The 5 selection buttons and the circle with up and down arrows both light up but the information screen does not. The screen is dark, you can barely see the info in black but the blue back light is not on. Is there something within the program or the module that I need to do to turn it on.

Tom Ratcliffe

erikages
12/22/2007, 01:49 AM
Has the blue back light ever illuminated? This sounds like a mechanical fault (electrical) -- as there's nothing the programming that would turn the light on or off: it's always on if the power to the unit is on.

Erik

Matthias Gross
12/22/2007, 05:09 AM
Are we talking about a missing background lighting?
Or does ProfiLux not boot?
Is there printed anything on the screen?

Tom_R
12/22/2007, 06:56 AM
There is printing on the screen. You can only see it if you hold it under a light. the background blue ligth is not working.

Tom R

Matthias Gross
12/22/2007, 07:02 AM
It seems the backlight LED doesn't work for some reason. Every ProfiLux is checked 3 times before it leaves our house - must be happended while shipping. Maybe a bad soldering on the LED.
I think you can't repair it by yourself - we must replace it.

Tom_R
12/22/2007, 07:11 AM
Thank you I will wait for instructions from Micheal.

Tom R

AQD_ottawa
12/22/2007, 08:54 AM
Have emailed you

Unit was checked twice before leaving us having fitted the two expansion cards to the unit for you, I suspect the shipping has dislodged one, there can be no other reason, it is highly unlikely the ProfiLux is faulty, as Matthias said, tested 3 time in the factory and twice by myself.

Please let me know by email if my instructions have helped. I will respond via email as i am on vacation in the UK right now

Tom_R
12/22/2007, 09:46 AM
I have tried everything and it will not light. The display will not light and I can not see to calibrate the PH probes. Both the USB and the PH2 show on the program and the darkend screen. I agree with Matthias that you should check it out.

Tom Ratcliffe

AQD_ottawa
12/22/2007, 10:01 AM
Hiya

If the screen is just darkened please email me again and I will send you new instructions, I do not have access to your email, while being away I am on limited access to email etc

If all my instructions after this fail then of course I agree with Matthias too it needs checking,, that is never a problem, all part of our service.

PLEASE email me

Best wishes
Michael

Tom_R
12/22/2007, 10:08 AM
Hi Micheal

Sorry to be a bother while you are on holidays.
I have for a second time followed your instructions and still no backlight.

If I send it back now it will be there when you return from holidays. I will send it as soon as I receive your instructions.

Tom Ratcliffe

AQD_ottawa
12/22/2007, 10:10 AM
Hiya

If the screen is just darkened please email me again and I will send you new instructions, I do not have access to your email, while being away I am on limited access to email etc

If all my instructions after this fail then of course I agree with Matthias too it needs checking,, that is never a problem, all part of our service.

PLEASE email me, and please do not worry that I am away, you have a concern and it needs sorting that is what I am here for

Best wishes
Michael