PDA

View Full Version : Temp Probe going Nuts on my AC3

sditch
12/22/2007, 10:10 AM
I woke up this morning to find my tank temp at 110 degress, after the shock I stuck I figured out the the temp probe is giving wrong numbers.

Anyone have this issue or know what I can do to try and resolve it? I have the Temp sensor unplugged right now and its reading 23 degress.

skimmerdude
12/22/2007, 11:03 AM
How can this happen, allowing your tank to get to 110F. All mechanical/electrical systems will fail, it is just a matter of how long, so . . . if you want you tank to be at 75F, and you need a heater for part of the day or night to maintain that temp, set your heater so that it goes off at 78 - 80 F. If the aquacontroller fails, and tells you heater to stay on longer than it should for any reason, your heater will have a backup off setting at a totally safe temp of 78 or 80F.

Am I missing something, this is how I have my tank set up. All tank heaters, (pretty much any heater for that matter you can think of with only a few exceptions) can only be turned on or off, there is no high - medium - low setting. Your heater will not heat 60F water any faster if the heater is set on 70F or 110F, the only difference is when the heater will turn off.

The idea is to have redundancy, so if something fails, you can identify the problem and fix it before any damage occurs.

This goes for my top off system as well.

sditch
12/23/2007, 10:41 AM
Tank Temp was 77 degress, the Sensor was reporting invailed temputure.

After getting an email back from Curt @ Neptune Systems (One the Weekend, Can't ask for much more then that on support) it's a bad temp senser.

The only issue is my Tank fans should have stop at 78.5 degress so I caught it pretty early.