PDA

View Full Version : ich ich ich ich help

jbupland
12/23/2007, 07:47 AM
hey guys i have a major problem and a few questions my 55 gallon (quarter reef) tank has a major ich problem it all started with a royal garama that i bought i got him home and within 2 weeks he had a few spots of ich on him so i did a 5 min fresh dip and he seemed to do fine well about 3 days later him and my coral beauty were covered in ich it looked like someone just dumped a bag of sugar over them well shortly after that my yellow anthis died i bought a cleaner wrase and a cleaner shrimp the coral beauty seemed to start doing better the gorama died then the coral beauty died nothing else in the tank had any sighns of ich well 2 days later my larger clown had ich and then my smaller clown i was awakened this morning by my 9 year old yelling about the clowns lying dead on the bottom of the tank now my questions are can my babby zebra shark get ich anh 2 i know that ich will live in the sand for upto 21 days with no host but i have a yellow wrase that burries himself in the sand and he has no sighns of ich what so ever how is that possible

kar93
12/23/2007, 07:51 AM
First, I would get that shark out of the 55 they will need at least 300g IMO, The cleaner shrimp should be cleaning them which can help a little bit. Id put the fish in a quarantine tank with hyposalanity, dont add treatment straight away.

jbupland
12/23/2007, 08:30 AM
the shark is only like 4 inches now i hatched him from an egg i have a 110 gallon for his next tank and i am working on getting a 500 in the wall tank its a lot of work though been working on it for about a month

jbupland
12/23/2007, 01:53 PM
what is hypo salinity

sk8rreefgeek
12/23/2007, 01:58 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11443128#post11443128 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 07kar93
First, I would get that shark out of the 55 they will need at least 300g IMO, The cleaner shrimp should be cleaning them which can help a little bit. Id put the fish in a quarantine tank with hyposalanity, dont add treatment straight away.

Try to find another tank for all your fish while you get your 55 cleaned up. It sounds like you've got quite a bit of fish in there. ich can be such a pain. I went thru it with a new 2 inch blue tang. My LFS was kind enough to QT her untill she got better. I brought her home after a week, did a 30 min formulin dip, and she looks beautiful, and hasn't scratched since. Get that shark outta there