PDA

View Full Version : MTC Skimmers

Snarlax
12/23/2007, 05:44 PM
What is the general consensus on these skimmers? I saw one at an LFS today and they looked well built, can't speak of performance though.

Redbellyjx
12/23/2007, 06:36 PM
did you see it at seawolrd? its hard to dial in if you ask me and make sure you do a meshmod on the sendra thats they sell with it.

in my opinion for the $500 that the package costs, there are MUCH better options

bernie lyons
12/23/2007, 07:10 PM
firstly , MTC skimmers are ONLY beckett designs !!!
They are very well built and are easy to dial in . I've owned three of them and believe they are well worth the cost of owning .
bernie lyons

bluewatercandy
12/23/2007, 09:53 PM
I run an MTC250 on my 125 and it pulls some nasty stuff! I have not found it hard to dial in, but make sure that if you use selcon you check the skimmer to make sure it is not going to overflow on you. I have a float switch on the skimmate container that will turn the pump off if the thing goes crazy!
Great quality and well worth the cost IMO!

Redbellyjx
12/23/2007, 11:11 PM
what pumps to you have running your MTC?

asonitez
12/23/2007, 11:55 PM
I have a mtc 25o powered by my mag 9. Man its hard to dial on. I dunno what I'm doing I think or how to dial it in. I'm having trouble figuring out the optimal water level and also. I find pump positioning with it to be difficult as well.