PDA

View Full Version : b ionic 2 part

sanababit
12/24/2007, 01:15 AM
ok guys i need opinions, about 2 months ago i started dosing 2 part solutions from b ionic, anyways the first day just before dosing i noticed that my calcium was at 440 ppm but my alk was at 7 dkh, so what i did is just dosed the alk part of the 2 part, this has been going for almost 2 months without adding any of the calcium part, a friend told me that i need to dose both to balance cal and alk, is this true????, i nevered dosed the cal part because my calcium always stayed up, any advice.

alk 6
mag 1320
ph 8.08
cal 420

sana

BangkokMatt
12/24/2007, 01:24 AM
You don't have to add both. You add to ensure correct levels. If your calcium is at the right level then you don't want to increase it by adding more.
However, it seems concerning that your calcium hasn't dropped at all in 2 months. Do you keep corals and clams, if so, what are they

sanababit
12/24/2007, 01:28 AM
mostly softies, 4 little sps frags, no clams, a couple of lps, i cant imagine anything will use cal that much, it just doesnt make sense that i have good cal and low alk.

BangkokMatt
12/24/2007, 01:32 AM
It doesn't make sense that your calcium is not dropping. Are you sure your test kit is accurate. Do you dose kalk.

sanababit
12/24/2007, 01:35 AM
now that i think of it i do drip dose something called reef calcium at about a drop every 10 seconds, ive been doing that for about 3 weeks

BangkokMatt
12/24/2007, 01:40 AM
Right - thats why your calcium isn't dropping. It sounds like you have got your calcium sorted. If you are drip dosing you may want to try kalwasser as that buffers both calcium and alk. Otherwise, just get your alk at the right levels