PDA

View Full Version : gonna need some help tomorrow

jimbo78
12/25/2007, 10:21 PM
just got back into town after being gone five days and the tank is a mess. algae and cyano everywhere. :mad2: not sure what went wrong since the tank seemed to be doing fine before i left. i will post some water numbers tomorrw. need to get some sleep now. the only thing i can think of that could have caused this was adding the sand from my 10g that i broke down about 2 weeks ago to my fuge. gonna mix a large water change tomorrow. i have about 5g mixed that i may use tomorrow after sucking the cyano off the sand bed. hopefully i can nip this in the butt before it gets any worse. any advice would be great.

merry christmas and happy holidays to all.

NYIntensity
12/25/2007, 10:30 PM
What was the feeding schedule/method (if any) while you were out.

Agu
12/25/2007, 10:31 PM
IF YOU'RE GONNA BE DUMB YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH

My money is on the sand from the ten gallon. Besides the water change, liberal use of activated carbon is in your future. If you have a skimmer I'd set it to take out a wet skimmate and treat it as additional waterchanges.

jimbo78
12/26/2007, 08:11 AM
there were no feedings while i was gone.(no fish)

jimbo78
12/26/2007, 08:13 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11456618#post11456618 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Agu
My money is on the sand from the ten gallon. Besides the water change, liberal use of activated carbon is in your future. If you have a skimmer I'd set it to take out a wet skimmate and treat it as additional waterchanges. yeah about a half hour after i added the sand i realized i should have washed it before i added it. the good news is i dont have to work the next few days so i can give the tank alot of attention.