PDA

View Full Version : Compatiblility Question...

reefman13
12/25/2007, 10:54 PM
I have a Powder Brown Tang (2nd one, lost the last one to stress in a holding tank during an upgrade) and a Half Black Mimic tang. I had a couple thoughts for some fish that I was wondering if they would be compatible. In my last tank, I had my PBT and a pair of clowns, and all three were best buds, and when I tried to add an Anthais (sp?) after about three days of a little chasing, and some eating, just disappeared. So I don't think I will try that again, but here are some fish I was thinking about...

>1. A clown pair of some kind (not Maroon or Tomato- aggressive ones)
>2. Purple Firefish School of 3 or 4
>3. McCosker's flasher wrasse
>4. Yellow or Purple tang? (sm.)

So what do you guys think? Add/remove? Suggestions?

For tank info look at my profile:)...

tmz
12/25/2007, 11:55 PM
Looks ok I don't think the firefish will school and may fight but in a 90 they could establish separate territory.

CarlC
12/26/2007, 08:19 AM
3 tangs in a 90? You might be pushing it. Purples and yellows can become aggressive.

Carl

H^2 Salt
12/26/2007, 11:28 AM
I would not get more then 2 tangs in a 90....amd since you already have a PBT i would stay away from that family of tangs....i you want another tang go with the smaller zebrasoma species(yellow,purple,etc) or a hippo tang would be nice along with a nice pair of true percs or something....acan. tangs tend to more territorial such as PBT,PBT,etc so a purple would prob go with him nice if your PBT is established..but both tangs will eventually outgrow your 90:(

reefman13
12/26/2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, it would be either a purple or a yellow. But it sounds like I am all set.

ejrabekoff
12/26/2007, 04:58 PM
I would stick to 1 tang, and 1 fire fish. Why not add an orchid dottyback?

reefman13
12/26/2007, 08:21 PM
I have heard some of them getting a little aggressive...

blas
12/26/2007, 09:01 PM
I would stop with one tang as well, besides the 90 is really to small for the one you have, a 90 is also not big enough for the 3 firefish and they will battle most likely. Pair of clowns would be fine. How about a Royal Gramma or a Black Cap Basslet. For tangs I feel you would have been better off with a purple or yellow but still pushing it. PBT are also very prone to ich, I have had to use UV sterilizers in my tank for that reason.