PDA

View Full Version : 20G reef tank ideas and questions

SeaSerpant
12/28/2007, 11:54 PM
Definetly some time going to start a 20g reef tank i have a few questions and a plan that i need some input on.

Right now i have a FW 55gal tank. My parameters for that tank are crazy so My concentration's kinda on that right now (nitrate-110 nitrite-56 Ammonia-0.1 hardness-900 ph-7) So that right now is kinda a problem. But for my SW tank i want to get here is what i have. But remember i live in Edmonton,Alberta,Canada so i have different money than the USA and different resources. Here are what i'm thinking of buying. Any problems?

20g Aquarium-45.99$
AquaClear 50 Filter-59.99$
Rio Nano Skimmer-49.99$
Visitherm heater 75watt-44.99$
Koralia Pump-49.99$
Liverock-8.00$ per pound
Hagen light- my brother has one was going to use for his projector 0$
Salt for a 50g-26.59
Arogonite sand?

Fish

2 clowns?
RedFire Fish?
Longnosed Hawkfish?
Magenta Dottyback?
Lawnmower Blenny?
CUC

Coral

Zoas?
Dusters?
what else?

For liverock and sand is there a site that sells this kind of stuff really cheap because i know it would be better to buy it cheap online because it might come with coral or something.

?=don't know

Thanks in Advance
SeaSerpant

stevelkaneval
12/29/2007, 12:15 AM
i think you would have too many fish. i have a 20 long and i only have a blue reef chromis and a scooter blenny. and i think the site for lr is premiumaquatics.com you could also try doctorsfosterandsmith.com you could also try the for sale section here ther is always cheap lr for sale there. if you waqnt pics too see how mine is setup just ask.

SeaSerpant
12/29/2007, 12:10 PM
Um okay. do you have any pictures of your reef and what you used to make it like the heater, filter, skimmer, pump, Coral, fish and live rock.