PDA

View Full Version : Freshwater planted aquarium

DevonBlaine
12/29/2007, 01:37 AM
Sorry guys, I know this is a reef site but I know a lot of you have good connections in the fish world.

I'm starting my 29g back up again and would like to know where I can go for shrimp (red cherry and bamboo), plants, and bettas (half moons if available).

I already know about pet box and the fish store on 23. Anyone know of any others?

Thanks!

jeffb3t
01/04/2008, 08:29 AM
Pet box is probably your best bet for freshwater items. They seem to have one of the better selections.

Lionel
01/04/2008, 10:20 AM
i found a hole in the wall place, ill hafta get directions to it for you, its somewhere around awase golf course though, off on some side street.

they sell all kinda shrimp really cheap, i believe the guy breeds the damn things lol

Sango-chu
01/07/2008, 11:57 PM
Last I heard, the shrimps were being pulled from the shelves because of a japan wide quarantine on all freshwaer crustateans (?). The place perviously listed down in Naha to get corals is actually a big store; one half is ocean water stuff and the other half is freshwater stuff. They have had the biggest varity of fish I have every seen (I run a freshwater nautral plants CO2 tank as well). I love the ADA material, and someday I will be able to afford that too...sigh.

psidriven
01/17/2008, 05:10 AM
I'm not from Okinawa, but you guys are the closest thing to a local english club for me (Taipei, Taiwan). I'm hoping to have a little scuba trip to Okinawa in a few months.

But my question is for the fw shrimp keepers, any difference between the hikari CRS or the Nisso Bee foods?

Devon, pm me if you have no luck finding what you want locally. Taipei has fw up the ying yang (sw reef sucks though) and Okinawa is only 45 flight over so shipping should be alright.

DevonBlaine
02/01/2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks everyone. Please get that store in AWASE for me, Lionel. I live close and that would be a great find!

What is the name of the place in Naha, Sango?

Anyone know if there is an Okinawa Freshwater Planted Gang? Maybe we can start one on aquaticplantcentral?

I'd love to share info on my fw with you guys, anyone know what the best materials in the area would be to make a moss wall?

jeffb3t
02/04/2008, 04:29 AM
Hey, if you want wood branch stuff and lots of moss from my freshwater tank. I might even have plants left, you are free to have it. Give me a call at 090-9781-0620 and we can set up a time for you got pick some stuff up for your freshwater