PDA

View Full Version : what tunze pumps would be best ?

addicted4life
12/29/2007, 10:46 AM
I have a 180G with dual overflows, each offset from the back corners. I own and currently use a Tunze wavebox, and have added a korallia 3 pump to help with flow. My wavebox is on one side towards the front. I also have a seaswirl I use for my return from a panworld 50x.

My problem is I feel I am defeating the wavebox with the swirl and korallia. Sooo, I went and got a aquasurf to go with my AC3.
And I also purchased a used tunze 6100 pump. I am considering selling the wavebox and getting another 6100. I'm also considering doing away with the swirl and using my megaflows for the returns.

Any ideas and suggestion are welcome

Maybe my aquasurf with 2 6100 is the way to go?

or will the wavebox and 1 6100 do some good ?

Brian

kenargo
12/29/2007, 11:54 PM
Go with 2 6201 units, ot opposite ends of the tank; you will love the motion and flexability. IMHO the 6101 units are a bit weak for a 180 (but that is just my opinion).

Oh, and if you get the 6201 I wouldn't expect you to need the WaveBox any longer and the SeaSwirl; you can remove that also (I used 1 before the 6201 and removed that after; 1 less thing to worry about).

I use the MegaFlow returns. For each side, which has 2 return lines I point 1 down towards the corner (to remove any chance of a deadspot) and the other I run accroww the surface, 1/4 way out of the water (it keeps the syphon down when I loose power; the tank looses nearly 0 water during power fail).

addicted4life
12/30/2007, 12:45 AM
LOL, you're answering all my questions ken ! I'm really thinking about ditching the seaswirl, but poweroutages don't bother me because I use check valve that gets tested at every feed cycle. I probally will for sure sell the wavebox. thanks for all your help.