PDA

View Full Version : aquapod mod questions 24g AP

inthemix
12/31/2007, 10:40 AM
I have had a 24g aquapod up and running for a year now. Anenome, clownfish and goby are happy and healthy.

Current setup is a stock aquapod - The only things I have changed -upgraded pump to maxijet 900 and added a remora skimmer.

I took all the bio-balls and sponge media out.

To increase flow I was thinking of adding a Hydor Flo to the return nozzle (also to help eliminate splash and leakage around top of tank)

Has anyone had success with th Hydor flows with maxijets?

Also, I would like to somehow cover the bottom portion of the intake to the rear of the tank. This way the water entering the top section would have more momentum, and I could add some much needed mechanical filtration.

What are people using to cover these slots?

shouldabenacowboy
12/31/2007, 11:40 AM
I had Hydors on my MJs for about 4 months, but they kept stopping/starting so I took them out. I did keep them clean, but it didn't seem to matter. I currently have some loc-line attached now and I like it better. As for the bottom slots...the tank should have come with some pieces of plastic you can slide in the rear chambers to block the unwanted holes off.

SBC

inthemix
12/31/2007, 12:42 PM
Odd - I bought it from a friend and never got that piece. I also never got the splash guard!

Thanks for your advice