PDA

View Full Version : capturing fish

snagged by reef
01/03/2008, 11:44 PM
hey all,

anyone have any easy way to capture damsels without tearing apart my tank?

Vinnie71975
01/03/2008, 11:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11517509#post11517509 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snagged by reef
hey all,

anyone have any easy way to capture damsels without tearing apart my tank? 2 nets use one net to chase the fish into the other!

tcilmo
01/04/2008, 12:52 PM
I Found this on another fourm, hope it helps.

A friend of mine used a home-made trap made out of 4" clear acrylic tubing with a sliding door and fishing line. He left it open, in the tank for about a week. He would put the food in there until many of the fish just went in to eat. After a while, the wily fish he was trying to catch went in and he nabbed it. Patience might be the key.

Take it from me, re-arranging your rock is a pain. I moved my tank a few months ago and I'm still not happy with the way it is now

Achilles1208
01/04/2008, 01:11 PM
good luck i tried setting food in a net for days but nuttin damn damsel was too fast. i ended up having to take out some rock out of the tank

masonicman
01/04/2008, 01:33 PM
Water bottle and fishing line trick. Tie fishing line to one of the hole punched holes in order to pull the trap up to the top of the tank before the fish can escape.

http://www.floridadriftwood.com/fish_trap.htm

Worked for me catching all of my 3 demsils. I even caught my other fish also. They were going in the trap also.