PDA

View Full Version : question on green bird wrasse

basssnake
01/07/2008, 08:38 PM
I just purchased a green bird wrasse(6 inch) last week online. It was shipped over night along with several groupers( I received them thursday afternoon) that i put all into my 150 gallon aggressive tank. It was a few days before he would come out at all. My 3.5" rectangular trigger(about the same as a picasso trigger) was harassing him by chasing him, so he was hiding a lot. But today he has been out quite abit more. I can't seem to get him to eat though. I fed the tank freeze dried krill this afternoon, and then fed a bunch of fresh deshelled shrimp this evening and there is some pieces still left in the tank. I have actually seen him lying near the food, but he won't eat. I haven't seen him eat yet.

Does it take a week or anything like that for them to be ready to eat after a overnight ship and being in a new tank(especially after being harassed at first)?? The rectangular trigger seems to be leaving him along now, I think. Thanks for any help.....

lildraken
10/13/2008, 03:34 PM
did you finally get him to eat since january? mine eats frozen mysis

basssnake
10/14/2008, 09:37 AM
He didn't survive. I am not sure what happened, but i wonder if my eel may have attacked him. I think eels are neat, but they are not friendly in a system with other fish. I don't plan to ever buy another large eel again........

lildraken
10/14/2008, 11:21 PM
aw.. sorry to hear that. I love my wrasse so far. and I was thinking about getting an eel too! I guess i'll ex that idea out.