PDA

View Full Version : FE or tmpcc or other ?

deep6er
01/08/2008, 10:47 AM
what do you use to rid your tanks of AEFW.
Flatworn exit, tmpcc or other methods.

Thanks

mbunaman
01/08/2008, 01:42 PM
Flatwork exit does not work on AEFW it works for Red Flatworms ( Red Planaria), TMPCC will kill AEFW but can only be used as a dip. It kills AEFW but not the eggs. So repeated treatments need to be performed. Also TMPCC will brown some SPS out. This is a lengthy process but the AEFW can be defeated. Also there has been some reports of using Camel back shrimp in a seperate QT tank setup for only 30 mins. with great results. There is a post somewhere on here about it. But the shrimp can eat flesh from the coral if not done correctly. But using any method stated above use at your own risk and do your research.

tecoral
01/08/2008, 09:16 PM
I had good results using Revive coral cleaner. Im not sure if it kills the eggs or not but I havent had any issues since, its been about a month since the dip and the frag colored back up and all the bite marks healed over nicely.

Philwd
01/08/2008, 10:04 PM
IMHO TMPCC only stuns most AEFW. I found Coral Revive to work well. Only took 30 sec and almost no agitation to knock them off then dies in a couple more minutes. I would be careful and not let any corals go longer than 15 min though. I think there's a bit of variation in strength bottle to bottle. My last bottle was stronger. Neither affects eggs. For eggs I throw the frag away.

edit: I did 3 treatments 1 week apart. Found eggs the first 2 weeks. Been 5 weeks since last treatment and no eggs or new damage. Will treat once or twice more to be sure.

deep6er
01/08/2008, 11:58 PM
who makes coral revive?

tecoral
01/09/2008, 01:57 AM
2 Little Fishes. Dont quote me on this, but I think Julian Sprung is somehow involved also. Not sure if that was just a rumor.