PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Wrasse Turned into a VAMPIRE!!!

DarthSimon
01/09/2008, 08:50 PM
Guys...
Funny story... I added a Regal Angel to my tank 2 days ago, and hung a few mirrors around my tank to cut back on the aggression of my 2 Surgeon Fish.... Funny thing is, my 3 Inch Mystery Wrasse has been going ape **** over his reflection for that period... He now looks like his mouth is open at all times. He has these huge lips, and I see his blue teeth... They look like fangs!! :)

Also he is turning super duper pinkish purple... He was more on the pink side a few days back...

What do u guys think??

I pressume this is a female... She was 2 inches when I got her, she's now around 3.... But her colors never really changed from pink, to more of the deep purples I have seen.. Her tail did go from clear, to purple....

Is she seeing her reflection and displaying?? Could she be turning into a male??

black_majik
01/09/2008, 08:52 PM
He probably had a lousy brother growing up.

seapug
01/09/2008, 10:08 PM
I'd be careful with that. The reaction you are seeing could be a sign of extreme stress.

scatty25
01/10/2008, 02:52 AM
Talk about being agressive twords your own kind!

DarthSimon
01/10/2008, 06:05 AM
I took all the mirrors down.... I think the aggression issue with my tangs is pretty much over... Mystery wrasse can go back to being Dr Jekle.... :)

snorvich
01/10/2008, 04:22 PM
Well, it MAY go back, or it may be that its mouth is damaged such that it cannot eat.