PDA

View Full Version : question about rbta

SNAKEMANVET
01/10/2008, 04:25 PM
Is it common for btas to split a day or two after they are placed in the aquarium.I know stress causes this but think it would happen this fast. I recieved it tuesday and now is in the process of splitting.

garygb
01/10/2008, 04:54 PM
Already! Stress can definitely be a trigger. That one last split maybe 3 months ago or so. It was very well fed before I shipped it, so the combination of regular feedings and stress triggered the cloning I suppose.

SNAKEMANVET
01/10/2008, 04:59 PM
It is stretched across two rocks and can see the mouth is about pulled apart.Should be finished by tomorrow.I would post a pic but where it has moved to i can't get a pic.

garygb
01/10/2008, 05:11 PM
Yep, that's what they look when they split. I usually don't feed for about a week after the split. Even though the mouth may not look fully formed or back to the middle of the oral disc, they can still take take small pieces of food.

SNAKEMANVET
01/10/2008, 05:41 PM
This one is splitting alot faster than my gbta did, it took 3 days to complete.My 120 will be setup sooner than planned.

garygb
01/10/2008, 10:41 PM
Has it completely split yet? You have already had clones with your bta's, so you know how that one or both wander. I know you have done this, but just in case, make sure any powerhead intakes are covered.