PDA

View Full Version : Cup Coral Concern

jdm01
01/10/2008, 05:00 PM
I have a 90g reef tank that has a number of LPS in it right now. I am getting ready to add coral, but have a question about my cup coral. I am in the process of losing an encrusting pagoda. Its skin has large holes in it and it is receding. The polyps look okay, but the skin has been damaged. The cup has one small hole in the skin that I can see, but its polyp extension is outstanding. In the year I have owned the coral it has never looked better. Any ideas what might be causing the damage to the "skin"? i am trying to resolve this and a water chemistry problem before I add any new coral. Phosphates and nitrates are still a little high - I think.

R.L.Young
01/10/2008, 05:48 PM
Mine had alittle skin resecion on the edges but when Igot my calsium levels up it healed . Corals been in my tank 3 years and looks great.

kingfisher62
01/10/2008, 08:19 PM
Any pics?
That happened to mine. It looked like one of the polyps died and then the "skin" blisteredin that spot and the split leaving yhe skeleton exposed.
It was a slow healing process for mine but it did eventually heal, took 6 months. Healing might have been slowed down by a tank crash this summer.

jdm01
01/10/2008, 09:45 PM
I will try to get a picture this weekend after i clean the front glass on the tank.