PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rod's-Food Problem

BaNDiTo_RoX
01/10/2008, 06:03 PM
I move to Puerto Rico and I'm about to gets a few clowns and can't find the food here and I sent Rod an email he can't ship direct so he gave me a few website but they don't ship here. So my thing is, Is there anyone here from Puerto Rico that have a source for getting this here on the island. Our anyone here know of a site that will ship here I'm looking to get 5 or 6 6oz to stock up on it.

thx in advance

Haddonisreef
01/10/2008, 06:30 PM
Always thought it was the other way around getting the goods to the US? :bum:

GSMguy
01/10/2008, 06:34 PM
Id say your best bet is to get a friendly neighborhood reefer to buy you 3 or 4 packs and send it 2day in a styro with dry ice, it will be pricey but it will work.

try Salty Critter if you call them and tell them your predicament maybe they will be able to work something out?

BaNDiTo_RoX
01/10/2008, 06:47 PM
@GSMguy

I knew you would see my thread I follow some of your stuff here, thx for the reply I'll try and call them see what they say. It's a shame because I really want my clowns to have the great stuff you feed your pitbulls.

ezcompany
01/10/2008, 06:54 PM
if you read the ingredients of Rod's food most of them aren't hard to acquire and its not much different from a custom home made mix. i would save the dollars and hassle and just mix my own :)

BaNDiTo_RoX
01/10/2008, 07:01 PM
Trust me where I'm @ I'll be lucky to find maybe 5 of those ingredients here. I'm in the country side of PR so the local supermarket don't carry much.

GSMguy
01/10/2008, 07:46 PM
rod does not list all his ingredients

BaNDiTo_RoX
01/10/2008, 07:52 PM
I just got a PM from (racerw) he's going to try and help me out. I read that also that Rod didn't list all the goodies in Rod's Food.

@GSMguy what else you feed yours and how much of each and how often?

FishnWishn
01/10/2008, 11:10 PM
Did Rod say why he can't ship? It's not like he will be sending it to a foreign country with trade agreements. PR is a US territory and basically part of the US. You even use USPS for mail service. PR and US Virgin Islands are the only countries that are charged the same domestic postal rates as any state in the US. Racerw can even send it overnight express guaranteed next day delivery by 3:00pm if you are close enough to a US post office that offers overnight to your house.
The only hitch is PR is suppose to charge a 6.6% excise sales tax of the total invoice for any goods sent in from the US that is going to stay in PR. And that includes anything that will be bought, sold, given/gifted, or consumed by anyone in PR, from the US. but then how much is 6.6% of say....$10 of fish food? ;)

BaNDiTo_RoX
01/11/2008, 04:48 AM
@FishnWishn

I own a computer service consulting gig here and I order stuff that comes though the USPS and never got charged any sale tax.

And yes I'm surprised that Rod was not able to ship to me I thought since I was going to purchase 6 of them I thought he would be able to. He said he don't sale directly.

But thats OK at least someone offer to help me out which is great.

FishnWishn
01/11/2008, 07:28 AM
That explains it. He only sells wholesale. At least you are getting some sent to you. I hear it's good stuff, but I grind up my own food.

Yea, the excise tax is usually only enforced on a commercial basis, and even then it's relaxed to individual consumers. which is what I thought the reason for internet companies not shipping.

GSMguy
01/11/2008, 09:46 AM
rod is wholesale only for his food, i asked Dan at Salty Critter to start carrying it over a year ago and i am glad i did. your LFS could order it from him i bet.

Racerw that is nice of you, i was going to offer if he had any more trouble. :)

PSam
01/11/2008, 10:58 AM
Too bad didn't post earlier, I could have tried to ship some with freezer packets when I mailed the SCWD...

BaNDiTo_RoX
01/11/2008, 12:47 PM
@GSMguy

thx for the offer, I'm glad there's people like you to offer help.

@PSam

thx buddy I just got the news that the guy got his shipment of clowns so thats why I didn't post this before until I was sure I was getting them.

GSMguy
01/11/2008, 06:35 PM
Bandito are they rods clowns?

BaNDiTo_RoX
01/11/2008, 07:22 PM
tbh I'm not sure where he get them from, I suppose to pick them up on Sunday a long with some Picasso and a couple of other things.

This is going to be my first setup so I'll be looking for thing for them to hang out on just not sure what to get for them yet.

BaNDiTo_RoX
01/16/2008, 05:07 PM
Hey I just wanted to thank (racerw) for getting me and shipping me the Rod's Food he's really a great person.

Thanks Again racerw

racerw
01/16/2008, 07:10 PM
Anytime glad I could help:)

timrandlerv10
01/16/2008, 07:48 PM
bandito...you should start selling rod's in PR, then you'll get your wholesale shipments

:)

BaNDiTo_RoX
01/16/2008, 08:07 PM
That's not a bad idea, I'll shoot Rod and email.