PDA

View Full Version : Bubble tip deflated help!!

buddah001
01/12/2008, 06:03 PM
I went and got my sons tomatoe clowns a bubble tip today. Acclimated it for one hour with a cup of water every 10 minutes. They took to him immediately and so I fed the fish which intern they were feeding the anem also. Was actually pretty cool. The LFS were I got the anem was being hosted by another clown also. But now he is deflated. My lightting is abit brighter that the tank he was in. He was puffed up until I fed the fish. Checked all parameters and here is what I have,
PH 8.0
AMMONIA-0
Nitrites-0
Nitrates-10
ALK 2.5 meq/L
Calcium-500
Salinty 1.026
Will they do this for a while when put into a new tank? Or could it be that it is not the same fish? One of the clowns is really laying into it. WHen we bought him (the anem) he looked very healthy nice pink foot and green tentacles with pink tips. But now he has just flattened out and is deflated.

Tennyson
01/12/2008, 06:15 PM
By first bubble tipped anemone shriveled many times when I put it on the side of the tank with barely any current. Is the anemone getting enough flow, they need flow to bring food to them and blow waste away from them, which the clownfish do also. My anemone looked horrible for a month until I moved it to a current filled area, adn now its three times the size it was when it was on the side with no current.

My other Haitin Anemonies will also shrivel at random times and they seem to recover back to normal in about an hour and a half.

Good luck with your new anemone!

spike78
01/12/2008, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't worry yet. When faced with a change of water, Anemone will often purge the water in their tissues to equalize any imbalances.

buddah001
01/12/2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks guys. I redirected the flow in the tank and he's starting to go normal. For now.