PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

snorvich
01/12/2008, 06:23 PM
Earlier today (Saturday) I tried to add an item to my Monday shipment from Divers Den. I could not do so because the other order had previously been authorized. Given that I could, in theory, order that as a separate item and pay additional shipping today, I am disappointed that it could not be added.

dfs/la2
01/12/2008, 06:49 PM
Snorvich,

Thank you for your message. As we discussed in our phone conversation with you, we will arrange to ship the added specimen with no additional shipping charges. If we can be of additional assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Mike S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

snorvich
01/12/2008, 07:24 PM
Well, in a rather amazing experience, Mike called me within five minutes of posting and found a way that I can order that one item. It may or may not go in the same box; there are some logistical issues there, but it will arrive the same day, at the same time, at no shipping charge. Wow, that is simply above and beyond the call of duty. Of course, I will continue to do my shopping with this company. They truly want there to be only good experiences.

racerw
01/12/2008, 07:28 PM
snorvich you are lucky, that has happened to me but they didn't offer to add the other item to my order:(
Needless to say I was very frustrated & disappointed.

dfs/la2
01/12/2008, 08:16 PM
Racerw,

Thank you for your post. We apologize that we were unable to accommodate your request at the time you called us to add to your previous order. The capability of adding items to an order is determined on a case-by-case basis. Many factors including processing times can play into whether this can be done. We do our best to take care of customer requests. However, there are occasions where processing changes on a finalized order cannot be done. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Mike S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

snorvich
01/13/2008, 06:36 AM
Well I was not expecting anything but was very happy they were able to do something. I can see their perspective too with a huge volume of transactions to process, exceptions are difficult.

SDguy
01/13/2008, 11:25 AM
I was told that if you request that your order remain open, you can still add things to it prior to Monday. I have done this a few times with group buys. It has worked for me.

snorvich
01/13/2008, 08:07 PM
That is nice to know; I did not know that. That would be very handy for me. Thanks Peter.

Norm R
01/14/2008, 11:52 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11589542#post11589542 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SDguy
I was told that if you request that your order remain open, you can still add things to it prior to Monday. I have done this a few times with group buys. It has worked for me.

I was told the same thing...and it has been flawless. This info was also posted in this forum this past Fall if you care to go back and find the exact instructions.

snorvich
01/15/2008, 04:23 PM
Sorry I missed that. Mea culpa. I like to pick out one or two items for shipment and then watch to see what pops up in the next day or so. Very hand being able to leave the order open for doing that.

Toddrtrex
01/16/2008, 08:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11607375#post11607375 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snorvich
Sorry I missed that. Mea culpa. I like to pick out one or two items for shipment and then watch to see what pops up in the next day or so. Very hand being able to leave the order open for doing that.

It is, in fact I just added something tonight to my order that I placed yesterday. Though when she ( can't remember her name, but very nice ) me if I wanted to keep it open still. Made sure that she closed it, don't need to be adding anything more to my order -- got to get the brakes on my car fixed. ;)

snorvich
01/16/2008, 08:31 PM
Yes, there is THAT problem. There is always something good that could be added. If your car won't stop, your aquaria might become irrelevant.

Toddrtrex
01/16/2008, 08:33 PM
Yea, think I won't look at it tomorrow, just to be safe. ;)

Brakes are that bad yet, just started to make noise letting me know that I need to take it in soon.