PDA

View Full Version : Tunze nano skimmer

gcres84
01/12/2008, 07:53 PM
I have been able to fit the Tunze nano skimmer into the 2nd chamber of my 24g nanocube.

The problem is the collection cup is too big to fit into the chamber, I can't drill the hood because it is the area where the wiring for the lights run through the hood.

I was wondering if there is anyway to make a new collection cup that would fit the dimensions of the chamber?

Here is a pic, and as you can see with the cup, the sump wall buckles in, I can force it to fit, but it really is a long struggle to get it in and out.

Any suggestions?

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/145951sump.JPG

Ziggy953
01/12/2008, 08:45 PM
If you are a handy person I don't see why you couldn't get some acrylic tubing the size that would fit in there and would match up with the size on the skimmer and make your own. Check on ebay for acrylic tubing and get a measurement of what size you would need to fit that area. I'm sure it can be done!

Fireworm
01/12/2008, 09:40 PM
did you check the tunze website? I thought I read on there about a year ago about them making a collection cup for this purpose.

I might be mistaken but it is worth checking on.

gcres84
01/12/2008, 10:37 PM
I looked at the website, couldn't find anything.

I saw that a rep from Tunze wrote about it on a forum (I believe it was here on RC). He said they were talking about making a new cup, but he said it wouldn't be for awhile, although the post was from 2006.

I'm not sure they have made on yet, I emailed Tunze for some info.

It would be great if there is a modified cup out already.

I'll attempt to make a new one if I must.