PDA

View Full Version : anyone using ACIII digital inputs??

dsanfilippo
01/12/2008, 08:39 PM
Hey all, is anyone using the digital inputs on their ACIII, jr, PRO for anything? I just hooked mine up with the waterbug system Neptune recommended to me for leak ( water detection) , and am really impressed with the system. I hooked up three individual water sensors, one under the tank, one on the other side of the wall where my two reactors are, and one more in the crawl space near the chiller. These should pretty cover any leaks that could occur. I have set it up so that when water is sensed by any of the detectors, it will shut down my kalk addition, chiller loop, ATO, sound a local alarm and notify me by text message. Nice having a little more piece of mind with all that we dump into these systems.

dougchambers
01/13/2008, 12:47 AM
We use one of the input for a float in our sump. It controls the Kalk Reactor top-off and backup water top-off.

Makes for a great system...

ronjeremy311
01/13/2008, 11:53 AM
I am still building my tank, but I had planned on using the switch inputs as both of you have described. Float switches to control my ATO and wet switches in case of spills. You could also wire it to an actual toggle switch and use it as a maintenance switch or something along those lines.

dougchambers
01/13/2008, 12:17 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11589719#post11589719 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ronjeremy311
I am still building my tank, but I had planned on using the switch inputs as both of you have described. Float switches to control my ATO and wet switches in case of spills. You could also wire it to an actual toggle switch and use it as a maintenance switch or something along those lines. True enough. I know people that also setup a FEED timer for maintenance routines.

phishlet
01/13/2008, 08:31 PM
I use for my Oceanus Auto-top-off system. Works great.