PDA

View Full Version : injecting aipstia

SteveNMegz
01/13/2008, 07:11 PM
Hey guys
we just bought some needles and are going to start injecting lemon juice into out aipstia... Now do you inject the needle into the aipstia OR do you put it above its mouth and let the jucie out and let it eat it?? ALso how many can you do at a time should we just inject 1 aipstia, let it sit for a couple hours then move onto the next one OR do we have ot wait days??? Becausre the lemon juice will make our alkalinity rise?

Any advice on how to kill these lil buggers!!!

WarrenG
01/14/2008, 03:15 PM
Inject a 4-6mm blob of kalk paste into their mouths. It's a multi-tasker. I've done 20 at a time. It's only kalk.

TONY DELBRIDGE
01/18/2008, 11:09 AM
I just bought some new kind of Aiptasia killer form the LFS $16.99 !! It wasn't Joes' juice brand. It is some kind of thin clear liquid. I have used it 3 times now on 4 different pieces. I have only seen the 4 pieces so far. Seems like the little bugger closes up before it pulls in the formula. I have seen Joes' juice used before and they seem to pull this stuff in. It looks thicker like a paste too. What is this kalk paste you are referring to? I'm sure this is cheaper and more effective than what I bought. One piece of this stuff is in the middle of a huge dragon eye colony. I hate to keep injecting this stuff and possibly damage my colony. So far this stuff hasn't worked. These are my first pieces of aptasia in 5 years. I want to control it before it gets out of hand. Any other ideas? Peppermint shimp?