PDA

View Full Version : Newbi

MonkeeFish
01/14/2008, 01:37 AM
Hello everyone,

I've seen many great shots of reef life on this website and i was trying to do the same with my tank but the problem is, i can't get even near the same quality as some of the photos i have seen on here. The camera i am currently using is a PowerShot A640. I can't even take a focus photo of my anything in the tank. It all comes out blurry. It is the camera or it is just me not knowing how to use it?

breutus
01/14/2008, 03:22 AM
the 640 has A very wide variety of shooting modes and also has sonys 4 color CCD which is a pretty decent CCD chip for point and shoot cameras it also has a great aperture range, capable of shooting all the way down to f/4.1 at full zoom and selectable ISO settings up to 800. I have used this camera and think that it should be capable of some pretty decent shots. Try putting it in aperture priority mode, set it to around f/8 or so maybe even as high as f/11, Also set the ISO in the menu to 400 and see if it comes up with a shutter speed of about 30-50 if so you should probably be able get some pretty decent shots of coral and such for fish you'd have to play around with faster shutter speeds and see what you get.