PDA

View Full Version : big problem need help!!

reefierone
01/14/2008, 06:11 PM
all LFS are close today and im in the middle of a 225g build. moved all my live stock that i wanted to keep into a temp tank and all has been well for two to three weeks. did water change sat and today almost all of my corals seem really stressed possible contaminante from water container or from swicthing to seachem salt not sure on that one.
i dont know if i should do a large water change on the temp tank or move them to the not quite complete 225 which has had about75 to 100 lbs of old live rock in it for five days and no skimmer

help!

Sk8r
01/14/2008, 06:16 PM
What are your parameters?
What kind of corals?
Old live rock should produce no dieoff if kindly treated...if it was good rock, if mushrooms or softies, even lps, probably ok to move---better than polluted water. But before you do anything, getting params and checking back for more advice might be a good thing...let's be sure it's not something fixable in the chemistry of the water.
What kind of contaminant do you suspect?
Somewhere on Advanced Reefkeeping there is a comparison of salts. What did you switch from, and what's your PH and alk? That is one thing apt to do some bouncing around.

reefierone
01/14/2008, 08:25 PM
found it to be a broken mh bulb any experience with this?
mostly lps some monti plate
water parameters are good as far as i can test
im planing on adding a considerable amount of new rock in the next week or so and planed on some cycling but if i need to i could add that slowly i suppose
fish are showing no response but my monti and frogspawn are pretty bad off still considering the premature move

reefierone
01/14/2008, 09:31 PM
need feedback