PDA

View Full Version : Anemone tentacles

SNAKEMANVET
01/14/2008, 08:27 PM
I have notice a couple of my gbtas tentacles that look like they were cut off. About a half inch long laying on bottom on the sand. I have 3 peppermint shrimp, blue legged hermits, would they do this. THANKS DAVID

garygb
01/14/2008, 11:53 PM
I would suspect the peppermint shrimp, I know some species of shrimp will do this. I don't think the blue legged hermits are probably the culprit.

SNAKEMANVET
01/15/2008, 06:30 AM
Thanks Gary They are the ones I am keeping an eye on.I have only seen two tentacles so far. Got the shrimp to take care of aptasia, they took care of that in a couple of days.The rbtas ( 2 )are doing great.

garygb
01/15/2008, 10:43 AM
So the split is complete I take it. Good deal. In a week or 10 days they will probably take small pieces of food. I think you mentioned that you've had BTA's clone before, but I've noticed that even though the mouth is just barely formed, they can take in a small piece of food. When they have recently split though, the tentacles aren't as sticky so it helps to turn off the water flow, otherwise the food is carried away on the current.